3/25/09

A bit of an update

I know I haven't updated my blog in well over a month. My insecurities from this post have luckily died down. Doesn't mean that I don't have my bad moments, or times when I'm overthinking and overworrying... But, 90% of the time, things are right as they should be.

Things with the Boy are still going spectacularly well. We have talked a lot about the future, and we both are planning such future with each other in mind. I have actively started taking care of my finances, because the Boy does not want to be in DC, or even in the US, forever. Next week, we'll be hitting the 3 month mark which means we are finally getting to a "normal" territory when it comes to having these serious talks. And we have had a lot of serious talks. Of course, we're still getting to know each other, and every new thing I learn makes me love him more and more.

Not once has he canceled plans with me, or bailed at the last minute (remember Scottish guy? Yeah, me neither). I love spending time with him, even when we're just hanging out at a coffee shop, reading a book.

Serious conversations about the future are not always pleasant -- I have the romanticized version of it, the Boy concentrates on the details: if we want this, what do we have to do to get there? (Hence admitting my financial hole to him which prompted me to start to get it in order.)

It hasn't even been 3 months, and I feel like I have known him all my life. Or, at the very least, I have been waiting for him all along, even if I didn't know who I was waiting for, after meeting him, I knew it was him.

That karaoke night seems like ages ago...

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

This sounds so very, very familiar...

Couldn't be happier for you, love.

:-)