Out at karaoke with a couple of friends on Saturday, and my friend turns to me "Oooh, he's pretty" -- "he" being the guy who currently had the microphone. "Oh, he is!"
And that was that. I didn't try to look over his way or flirt, because despite not losing any weight when I started biking to work, as soon as I stopped (stupid darkness freaks me out), I gained weight (WTF?), so my self-esteem is not at the highest point at the moment (my legs are turning to mush as I type -- aaaaaaaah!!!).
Not that I was out to meet new people anyway, after all, things with Scottish guy were going pretty well when he left town. Sure, he's going to be gone for a whole month, and has only texted me once since then to wish me a Merry Christmas, and no emails whatsoever, I am still not in any rush to meet anyone.
A little while later, after my two girlfriends left and I was left with the guys, one of the guys turns to me...
"Hey, Beach Bum, J came to talk to me, he said his friend saw you singing and said he likes you. I told him you're single."
"Which friend?"
"The one to his right." I turn around to look. Pretty boy is sitting to the right of J.
"His right? Or your right? No way, the one with the black t-shirt? Him? Are you joking? You're serious? No way, he likes me? Really? Are you sure he's the one?" (Yes, I sounded like a high school kid. Give me a break, the guy was cute! It's not everyday a cute boy shows interest in me when I'm a fat blob!!!)
"Yes, that one. So you like him then? I'll tell him to come talk to you."
Shortly after that, while I was still chitchatting with him, J comes over. We go through the usual "Do you know Beach Bum?" "Yeah, I met you a while back, you're T's friend, right? We met at the Royal Lee, a few months ago."
After a couple of pleasantries, my friend tells him "so she said she liked him, tell him to come over."
"Ok, I will" He turns around, goes back to his table and comes back with Pretty Boy. Pretty Boy introduces himself and sits across from me, where my friend had been sitting before she left. And for the next couple of hours, we're talking, laughing, and though I won't say that the conversation was as good and easy as when I first met Scottish guy, back when I was still wondering if there were any sparks, it was still a good chat.
Then as the bar is closing, two hours later, he does the unexpected (because though cute guys do approach me once in a blue moon, very rarely they close the deal) and shyly, asks for my number. I give it to him, while joking "do you think I've been talking to you all this time just to let you down easy? You know, take one for the team not to break your ego?"
Luckily, he does have a similar sense of humor and jokes back. Wonders if I'm giving him a real number. I joke back telling him to call me right there then -- just so I know it's his number and I can screen appropriately and not pick up.
I went home with a grin on my face. Pretty boy liked ME! He came to talk to ME! He was asking about ME!!!
And yesterday he already texted me, and we kept texting each other back and forth.
My friend, wondered "what about Scottish guy?" I told her the truth -- I really like him, but don't think he is that into me anymore. The fact that he only texted me once, kinda confirms that. And as he only comes back about 2.5 weeks from now, I can take it one day at a time and see where it goes. All we have done so far is make out a bit, it's not like we ever talked about not dating anyone else... It's too soon not to consider other guys because of him, even if I do really like him.
Of course, men have some sort of sensor for this stuff and at 3am this morning my phone rings. It's a long text from Scottish guy. He is thinking of me.
Today, I spent all night texting back and forth with Pretty Boy, who contacted me again and asked me out for Sunday (he has family in town until then). I said yes.
12/29/08
I still got it.
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
11:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you- definitely don't close off other options yet! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Post a Comment