5/7/09

TMI Thursday... Blessed #2

Joining LiLu and others on TMI Thursday!

Years ago, my college boyfriend, P, came to Brazil with me for vacation. It was his first time in Brazil, so we did a lot of sightseeing.

New Years day, we were at the beach and stopped by my best friend's place. She proceeds to offer us food that her parents still had left from their annual NYE party. The food was out on their (humongous, wrap around) patio.

A thing to note... It was about 100 degrees outside. It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon. That food had been out on the patio since lunch time. And somehow none of us were concerned with that.

We all put food on our plates, into the microwave, and proceeded to eat. I didn't like the food and told my friend that, and stopped eating. My brother and P loved their food and had repeats.

Fast forward a couple of hours later getting home and my mother telling me how rude it is to tell people you don't like their food, and me explaining it's my best friend, she doesn't care.

Fast forward a couple of hours later and P had to run to the bathroom. Then had to go again. And again. He woke me up in the middle of the night...

"I'm crapping blood"
"What?"
"I think I need to go to the ER, I'm crapping blood. I didn't flush, go check."

So I went to check and there was a tiny bit of blood in his poop.

"P, that's just because you've been going every 5 minutes, things are irritated, nothing to worry about."

He takes tons of meds, breakfast time comes, he's doing better. My brother, who had eaten the same thing, has had no issues.

We all go to visit Christ, the Redeemer statue. I'm taking pictures, and all of a sudden my brother looks green.

"I gotta go to the bathroom."

I should note, that I went back there in 2007 and the conditions are much more tourist friendly, and all the amenities had been renovated. Back in 2002, they were not that great.

A little later, we are finally on our way home and our brother is recounting the story...

"They didn't have running water, for some reason. I wasn't the only one who got sick there.

So I couldn't sit down, as there was no way to wipe or cover the seat properly, so I just grabbed the side of the stalls to keep me up and got started with business."

(I should note here, that my brother is about 6'2")

"But the stall doors were not high enough for someone to be standing over the toilet like that. So people coming in couldn't see me, but they could see my face. So I was there, really letting go, I couldn't help it, my stomach was throbbing, and it was coming out with all that diarrhea noise, and the smell, and people coming in would look at my face and go "ewwwww, disgusting!!!" It was horrible. They knew who was stinking up the place and giving me looks."

To this day, I remind my brother that few people have taken a crap at the feet of Christ.

How's that for some blessed Diarrhea?

4 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Did he see the face of the Virgin Mary in the stool?

Happy TMIT!

saratogajean said...

LiLu stole my joke!

That would be much better than grilled cheese...

Beach Bum said...

LiLu and saratogajean, I believe he did not look back to assess the damage...

When your diarrhea is mixed with others diarrhea's, some even already old and dried out, would you look?

Cassie said...

I would DIE.