I was about 15 or so the first time I lifted weights. We used to have one of those multipurpose machines at home, and every day I would go outside to our (huge) balcony and work out. Over the years I lifted on and off, never with the discipline I had as a teenager.
Though I was going to the gym religiously, at least 3-4 times a week last year, I totally stopped when I started biking to work. Between that and volleyball, I couldn't justify spending even time each day inside a gym (when the weather is warm, I want to be outside!)
Yesterday, the Boy officially joined my gym and we went to work out together. Since I had no definition to speak of before when I was doing things on my own, I decided to follow whatever he did (using of course way lighter weights).
He stayed with me the whole time and didn't let me slack off. Then off to sit ups (can't believe I used to do 500 a day as a teenager! I was dying after a few.)
Today, I'm sore. Not ridiculously sore that I can't move, but sore enough that I can tell it's been a while. A long while. The Boy called the soreness punishment for being a slacker.
Tonight? We're going back. And we'll keep it up, going a few times a week together. That, PLUS the biking and the running.
And you know what? I had fun. I always enjoyed working out, but it was a lot better having a cute boy next to me telling me what to do. It'll definitely keep me motivated, that's for sure!
I just have to remember not to look at his face when he's lifting -- his expression can give anyone nightmares...
If all of this doesn't get me in shape, I don't know what will!
4/30/09
Gym!
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
B's and my routine consists of lifting bottles while on the couch. They're heavier at first, and then they get lighter and lighter...
but we do lots of reps!
They get lighter because you're just getting stronger right? (Yeah, that sounds about right...)
Post a Comment