11/2/09

House Hunting

Due to unfortunate circumstances, the boy and I are now house hunting.

As others have ranted about, it's so freaking hard to find affordable places in the area! We're looking for a one bedroom about the size of my current place, or maybe a two bedroom if the price is right.

We saw a lovely place in Pentagon City near the metro, where we would be spending as much as we do now. However, justifying the extra cost, instead of just renting by where we are now for a $500/month savings is tough. There's a lot we can do with the extra money.

Yesterday was one of many sleepless nights recently. I'm SO afraid in making yet another mistake. The Boy tries to calm me down saying that any place we pick is only for 12 months, if we don't like it, we can move on then. He is absolutely positive we will be happy wherever we end up.

I'm trying to figure out if location or money is more important for me. I'm surprising myself by not knowing the answer.

Either way, looks like we have to have a decision by Wednesday, since our over excitement of the Pentagon City place caused us to leave a deposit to hold it, that is refundable for only 3 days.

Fingers crossed we make the right decision.

No comments: