11/12/09

New Home!

For less than what we are paying now, the Boy and I were able to find a lovely, VERY spacious two bedroom apartment, on the top floor of a midrise building. Ah, and it's a corner unit as well, so even our new kitchen will have a window!

We will be living with 300 sq ft more space, and saving about $275 a month, since aside from the cost savings on the unit itself, we can cancel our off site storage room, needed when the Boy and I combined houses. The second bedroom will likely function as our new storage unit and office, and of course, a place for guests.

We pick up the keys this Sunday, and I already bought paint -- blue for the main bedroom, a terracota orange for the office, and a red for the dining area (I know it was a fad, but I still love red), and a grayish beige for the living area.

We won't be right by the metro, but we'll be less than 1.5 miles away, have a free metro shuttle during rush hour, I'll still be on my bus line into DC, and we'll now have a pool, a gym, and a rooftop deck. And TONS of storage. We'll have the Arlington Drafthouse at a half mile walk, and the karaoke spot where we met even closer.

This has not been the easiest month, or easiest year, for that matter. But I'm starting to get excited about moving to a bigger, better place, and getting ready for my upcoming 3-week vacation to Rio.

We're hoping to be all moved by the time we go to Brazil, so we'll have about a month overlap. Believe me, I have a LOT of stuff, so the month might not be enough, but if I can move some things little by little, we might just make it.

Once it's all painted, I'll post pictures. Right now, though I'm ok with the orange and red we bought, I'm afraid that the navy blue we chose is a tad too bright. Go figure.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Congrats!! Bigger, cheaper, and with more amenities, that's great.

I love the Drafthouse. I am not quite as close as you are, but I can almost walk there.

Beach Bum said...

I haven't been to the Drafthouse in ages, even though I'm not that far away today. Hopefully now that I'll be closer I'll be visiting it more often!

freckledk said...

That's great news! Congrats on your find!

Tia said...

Awesome! So happy you found a new place. Exciting, girl!