I officially finished painting a little over a week ago, at 4:30am on a Saturday night.
Then the moving started. The problem? I have way too much stuff. I've always been a pack rat and I've been at my current place for over 4.5 years. Add that to the fact that we've been having a horrible pest problem in my building (one of the many reasons we're leaving), and we can't really pack things in boxes, unless we want to risk taking crawling things with us. So we've been packing in plastic crates, putting straight into the car, and unloading at the next building. Certainly not the most efficient way of moving.
So my daily routine has consisted of: drive to new place (thankfully only 2 miles away) with a packed car in the morning. Catch my bus. Go to new place straight after work and unpack (and put shelves on the walls...). Leave new place around 11pm each night with the empty crates and pack. Load up the car (it only fits about 6 plastic crates, it's a Corolla after all...). Start over the next morning.
We got a u-haul on Saturday for a trip to Ikea (now that we have a guest bedroom we need a place for guests to sleep!) and took advantage by hauling more things out. We returned the u-haul at 5:30am on Saturday night. I was up by 11am so I could build the furniture and unpack part of what we brought.
I'm exhausted. The Boy is exhausted. And my old place doesn't look at all empty. The bright side? TONS of storage in the new place. We emptied the storage room the Boy had rented when we combined households, and emptied the storage room I have at my current building. Put everything in the 2nd bedroom closet, and there's still space! (That closet alone fits 20 (!!!) 66 quart plastic crates -- without counting the two built in shelves on top.)
We hired movers for the furniture, and they're coming on Saturday. That will be our first night sleeping in the new place.
Anyway... Here is what the paint job looks like, finished. (I promise I'll post pictures of the place once there's furniture and pictures on the wall!) After finishing all the painting, I still highly recommend the paint I used.
The before and after pictures (keep in mind that the before pictures were taken in the daytime, the after at nighttime -- haven't had a chance to be there much during daylight yet...):
Living Room
Before:
After:

Dining Room
Before:
After:
Main Bedroom:
Before
After
Bathroom (no before picture, only after):
12/1/09
And because I promised an update...
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks great! can't wait to see it in person...
love those colors! the red is incredible.
Dagny, thanks! The party will be on 01/16, so keep an eye out for the evite...
verybadcat -- thanks! I was trying to make it more cozy then the boring yellowish-white walls. I think I succeeded!
Post a Comment