1/26/10

Trips!

I have spent well over a year without putting foot in an airplane, which for me is a really really long time. I grew up with a dad who was a pilot for the Brazilian Air Force, after all, and we never went more than a month without taking a trip somewhere.

But this year, it'll be a busy year... I just got back from Brazil 2 weeks ago...

In 2 weeks, I'm off to Seattle (and the surrounding hoods) to meet the Boy's family. I know, I know, with well over a year together, and a date picked for our wedding, I still haven't met them. We were going to plan on a trip last year, but when his grandfather passed away and he took time off to go there, there was just not enough days off for him to go back.

Then in May, we're off to Charleston to visit his best friend. They're having a baby shortly before then, so we will also be meeting the new baby boy.

In October we're off to Chicago, to run the Chicago Marathon (!!!!). It'll be my first marathon EVER. I have a feeling it'll also be my last marathon EVER.

In November, we're off to Brazil. To get married!!! We picked a date, November 27th (we figured Thanksgiving weekend will be the easiest for people to take time off). No, the Boy still has not dropped to his knee and proposed. We actually had a long talk about this a few days ago when, in tears, I told him that the proposal will just be a formality since we're already wedding-planning, informing people of the news, etc. We're engaged in every sense of the word, except I have no ring. He was taken aback, told me to trust him, and that he still will plan a surprise proposal so that even though we are doing things backwards, it will still be special. We will see.

On that note, lately there has been a lot of "don't come in the room right now!" "Don't look at my computer screen!" "Close your eyes really quick while I do something" and "Trust me, ok? It's for you. One day I'll be able to tell you the story and you will understand, just not now."

I'm looking forward to all the trips, even if they're going to cost quite a bit of money. We're now trying to pick a honeymoon spot. So many wonderful places in the north of Brazil, it's hard to know where to go! Unfortunately, my dream location, the archipelago of Fernando de Noronha, would cost us at least 2 grand a piece, so that will not be an option...