11/20/07

"Make that a triple!"

That was my conversation at my work's "bistro" this morning when the barista looking at my face from across the counter suggested "double expresso?" -- "no, make it a triple."

And you know what? It didn't work. My (not cheap) triple expresso shot did not wake me up.

And here I am sitting at my desk, still not sure if I'm fully awake, trying to find out how, after an uneventful Monday night, with a full night of sleep (well, I went to bed after midnight, but it's not like I ever go to bed earlier than that), I am barely awake, with my eyes only partially open, trying my best to be productive (it's been a busy day, which helps), when in fact I am feeling like a zombie.

I almost missed my bus this morning and had to chase it with my car, so my car right now is sitting at the ghetto supermarket parking lot a mile from my house and I am unsure if I locked it. To be honest, I don't think I did, I closed the door and ran for the bus before the light changed. And through my head I am trying to figure out what's in there… There's over 100 bucks worth of volleyballs… A full new tire in my trunk… Camping chairs… A bag with a few things to return to Target… A tennis racket… An umbrella… My expensive sports sunglasses... My MP3 radio… And I'm sure a lot more than I can think of now (note to self: stop using the trunk as storage).

And on my current state? I will forget that I parked mid-route, and get off at the last stop wondering what happened to my car. Only to realize that it's a few intersections up the road.

Can the long weekend get here already? It's only Tuesday, why does it feel like I worked a full week?

2 comments:

Jo said...

Just remember: half day tomorrow, half day tomorrow, half day tomorrow, that's what I've been doing all day long.

The King's Daughter said...

hehehee hope your day got better, girl. It sure was amusing reading that, :-). At least it wasn't raining and you didn't get a stain on your white shirt...like before, lol!

AND, you didn't break a heel or anything.

You're allowed to be a zombie every once in a while!