I know a ridiculous number of people in DC. I really do. Which then surprises some that I have to go online for dates. Because through the people I know/meet in real life? I almost never get a date.
The reason for this? (And I know, I killed any suspense build-up with my spoiler title.) I become everyone's inta-friends. Guys meet me and don't consider me dating material. I'm their buddy.
Maybe it's because I have a lot of guy friends, so I'm comfortable around guys. Who knows? But I'm getting tired of this shit. I really am. I love my guy friends, but I want a cute boy to look at me and actually like me and not think of me as another buddy.
Because you know this guy from date #3 last week? Even after a smooch at the end of our date (yeah, whatever, Brazilians don't make a big deal of kissing in the first date), after wanting to go out again, he bailed on meeting up again on Friday. He took a nap, overslept, was too tired. Fine, nothing to worry about, right? Happens to the best of us. (Though I truly believe that if interested, he would have sucked it up and met me even if for one drink.)
He later texted me about playing volleyball with him this week. So we met up. He was as cute as I remembered, and not as bad volleyball player as I had expected (he's a bit of a beginner).
But, his interest in me? Gone. Nothing on his behavior showed that he sees me as anything else but a buddy. He had promised me a ride home (since I had my bike there), and dropped me off with a half-assed hug.
The friends zone is killing me. Looks like I'm going to be single forever.
7/18/08
The dreaded friends zone
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol No, you're not.
But you do need to get out of the "friends" zone. Basically, my two cents is that when you get the feeling like a guy just wants to be "friends" cut him off right there.
You don't need any more guy friends. You're on a mission. Plus, guys only put you in the "friends" zone when they're on the fence. They haven't made up their mind yet.
You don't have time for those games!
:( My tactic.... is don't be picky and drink lots! lol... clearly I have no standards. wait... no don't listen to me.. what I talking about. I don't go out with cute guys, so I have nothing of worth to add here.
Post a Comment