So last week I wrote this about the lack of sparks with Scottish guy.
My second date with him was supposed to have been on Friday. He canceled 3 hours before date time, by text of all things, because he had too much work to do, and would be leaving the office later than expected. I was pissed. Who cancels last minute on a weekend night? That's just complete lack of consideration! I would be fine if the date got pushed back an hour or two.
After a few apologetic texts and then an phone call the next day, I decided to, what the heck, give him another chance.
So we had our second date on Tuesday. The sparks? Still not there. Conversation? Still great.
No attempt to kiss me.
He sent an email yesterday morning, only hours after the date, apologizing for not inviting me up for coffee (dude, it was 11pm on a Tuesday night, do you really think I was expecting a "do you wanna come up?" invitation?), and asked to see me again tonight.
Sure, I'm available, I replied soon after, about 24 hours ago.
I have yet to hear back from him. At all. Do I have a date tonight or not? It's not like he said "are you free at x time to meet at y place?" It was a very general "are you free Thursday? I'm in the mood for Thai" So I don't know the place. I don't know the time.
And if I don't hear back by 3pm, my reply will be "sorry, didn't hear back from you, so made other plans." Even if the other plans are me staying at home, curled up in bed, watching TV.
Gosh, I keep forgetting how frustrating it is to date.
11/20/08
And so it begins...
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
12:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ugh. Definitely stick to your guns about "made other plans." Canceling 3 hours before a Friday date? SO lame.
So irritating. Either he's just really disorganized, in which case he'll continue to frustrate you, or he's been casual, but your lack of last-minute availability will force him to schedule better ahead of time.
Yep, by the time I heard back, canceling of all things, it was early evening. What's wrong with this guy??
Post a Comment