7/30/07

Fucking men!

So I mentioned before about the night I made out with a total stranger. Who I hoped wouldn't actually call. But if he did, I'd give him a chance.

Well, I had his friend's number, since that's where my number ended up at, and fueled by booze (again), and by encouragement of my other boozed-up friend, I texted his friend about a week later with a"so your friend never called me" (who the hell was him not to call ME?). A couple of days later, I hear from him. Who asks me out on a date. I was going to be out of town over the weekend (VA Beach, baby!), so we made plans for last Tuesday.

I went on the date with the lowest of expectations. This was the guy after all, who I made out with, but never talked. Until he called me I didn't even know his name. For all I knew we had nothing in common. At all.

Much to my surprise, I had a great time at the date. And he's pretty cute. He's considerably younger than me though (almost 4 years, ugh), but didn't act or look young. Conversation flowed, he was funny, he laughed at my jokes (he better think I'm funny too, right?), dinner lead to a couple of drinks, then it was time to go home. It was a work night after all.

He did mention (not that I asked) the reason why he hadn't called, by the way... His friend was afraid the girlfriend would find my number in his phone so he deleted it, and only when I texted him, did he pass it over to him.

He dropped me off at my place (did I mention he had picked me up? Major points there!) but no attempt to kiss me. It was a step backwards, of course (hadn't we gotten that out of the way, already?), but I could tell that the thought crossed his mind (you can always tell, can't you?) but the good bye was too brief to give him an in. Probably my bad.

Next morning I texted him with "Thanks again for last night, I had a great time" his reply was "I had a good time too, we should do it again soon once you have free time from your family" (or something of the sorts -- my folks are in town visiting). I replied that they're here for a month, so I'll have plenty of free time, I even have time to play vball. No reply.

Then on Friday night I sent him a text saying "Hey, up for doing anything over the weekend? I got a BBQ on Saturday afternoon and volleyball on Sunday, but I'm free later in the day either Sat or Sun" Haven't heard back from him.

THE HELL? I know, I know, we've all been there thinking we had a great time at a date only to find out that the other half of the date didn't enjoy themselves as much. Before "retiring" CC even posted a blog about that. However the whole "we should do it again soon" made it sound like yes, we will go out again. It's not like I got an "I'll call you"!

So what gives? He went through the effort of saying he had a good time and wanted to do it again, but then afterwards thought "eh, not so much"?

Of course one of my guy friends had to pull out "maybe he had a horrible car accident" and of course I told myself "well, maybe he lost his phone..." but let's be honest here... 99% chance that he's just not into me... Too bad, as surprisingly, I had actually had liked this one!

Story of my life.

3 comments:

vvk said...

Guys are stupid. We can't help it... It's just the way we are.

:-\

The King's Daughter said...

Aww, well, try not to feel bad about it. You don't know enough about him to like him yet. He could be a real nuisance. If he calls back soon, great. If not, he doesn't know enough to understand the chance he's losing! Good riddens!

Beach Bum said...

Uh, I just hate freaking mixed messages! If you don't want to go out again, don't freaking say you do. And if you say you do, you better mean it, damn it!