Karaoke on Friday with a few friends, including this, this and this one. Now as previously stated, my plan was to get drunk -- after all, I need to forget the fact that I'm on the path to becoming a lonely single spinster. The problem is that before I get to the drunk, happy stage, I first reach the emotional stage. And it hit me hard. I was happily singing along with everyone one minute, the next I had tears streaming down my eyes. I went off to the bathroom to cry in peace -- not only do I not want to bother my friends with this more than I already have, but let's not get the whole bar to notice I'm crying embarrassing myself and my friends in the process.
But my friends were wonderful -- not only a few of them came to talk to me, they all made sure to give me some ex bashing, fill me up with (more) alcohol and cheer me up overall. Support from even the ones I'm not that close to, and funnily enough, that helped the most.
So if any of you are reading this: thanks guys!
Now the rest of the weekend completed my "fuck you, you fucking fuck" cycle of getting over the "I'm totally single while the ex is getting married" state of mind. Nah, not that it doesn't still bother me, of course it still does, but I'm hoping Friday's tears were the last ones I'll ever drop because of the ex.
Saturday was a bike ride + volleyball day, and a girls night out to follow. Nothing like a good night of dancing and making out with a total random stranger to brighten my mood.
Ah, yes, you read it right, I made out with a total stranger, who was cute, but too chubby for my taste (that part kind of reminded me of the ex, actually). He got my number at the end of the night, but doubt he'll call. I'm kind of debating back and forth whether I want him to call or not -- my ego, of course, wouldn't mind the stroking, but I don't really know if I want to see him again, as there were no "sparks". After a bit I was kind of bored. And kind of hoping my friends would ask to go home, and glad when the bar finally turned the lights on. It was nice, but it wasn't "hmmmm, I want more" nice. And I don't even know his name!! And he doesn't know mine... And my number is on his friend's phone because he didn't have his cell phone with him -- see how it all leads to never hearing from this total guy again? But if he calls, I'll give him a shot, nothing to lose right? Once we actually talk, we might even have something in common. Or maybe not.
Weekend closed off with more volleyball and then laying around at my friend's pool. Back to work hell today, but a pretty damn good weekend!
7/9/07
Nothing like some booze to forget your troubles...
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You didn't look bored to me :-) Next time one of your ex's decides to get engaged, remind me to pick something other than lemon drops. I think I still have that lemony taste in my mouth....
Post a Comment