My bike broke. Apparently I need to change the bottom bracket, and to do so will cost me over 100 bucks. Needless to say, I took that as a sign to get a new bike.
Since coming back from vacation I've been back at riding the bus which has bored me to death. Yesterday, after extensive bike shopping with the boy, I found something I liked within my price range... Since a proper road bike was nowhere near what I can afford (sniff, sniff), I settled for a hybrid, and came home with this new ride (you can't tell, but it's a pretty blue!):
I am still debating whether I really like it, and if the size is right. Right now I feel like it should be a tad bigger, but we'll see... Time will tell. After dropping $600 on it though, it better keep me happy for a few years!
Riding to work this morning was interesting -- 2 weeks without riding I definitely felt it! The incredible heat didn't help... But my legs are turning to mush, so I have to suck it up!
6/9/08
Back on two wheels!
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We want to hear more about "the boy" ;-)
Post a Comment