6/10/08

Random Bits

THE NEW BIKE
I was so excited about my new bike yesterday, but had a painful ride back home, and an even more painful ride this morning. Maybe I need to buy a size up. Maybe it's just the wrong bike for me and I need another model.

I still love how it looks, and I'm still playing around with the seat adjusting it back and forth, changing the height here and there, to see if it gets more comfortable. But right now? It sucks.

I am so disappointed, it's a stiff, uncomfortable ride. My arms are not comfortable, my butt and "lower regions" are killing me -- despite the fact that I installed my old seat on it, and I can't get a good speed because it's such an awkward ride. I am either too low and close to the handlebars, or enough distance but don't have a good reach to the pedals. Ugh.

VOLLEYBALL
On the bright side, I played volleyball again yesterday after a short hiatus. I forgot how much I love it. The courts were surprisingly empty, I played for about an hour and a half, before making my painful ride back home.

LONG WEEK
Today I woke up thinking it was Friday. No joke. I was dead tired. Guess after not biking for 2.5 weeks and not playing volleyball for 3, then doing 20+ miles and playing on sand with that heat really took a tow on me. Is it Friday yet?

NEW BOY
Things with new boy were doing good, but my excitement has certainly died a bit. He was waiting for me at his place on Saturday with roses and chick flicks. How sweet is that?

I thought things were great, but while we were bike shopping on Sunday he snapped at me because he was tired. Oh, excuse me "fucking tired". Give me a break, being tired is not an excuse to be rude. I considered ending things right there, but since my car was still at his place, and it was a long ride home, I had certainly cooled off by then, so decided to forget it and give it another try. Don't want to regret ending things because of one isolated incident, but let's hope it doesn't repeat again.

So much for being excited about a new boy though, that totally cut off my excitement. While before I was thinking I may have found a good one, now I'm thinking it probably won't last much longer. I don't daydream about him anymore, nor do I miss him when he's not around. While I saw long-term potential at first, now I'm not even too eager to see him again. Snapping at me like that after only 2 weeks? Definitely not a good sign... I felt awkward the rest of the day until it was time for me to finally go home.

Maybe my opinion will change next time I see him. We'll see. As of now I think the honeymoon phase is definitely over. After only 2 weeks. Great.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't help you on the bike front, sadly...

But in re: new boy. I think perhaps on what will likely go down as the hottest day on record, boy could be forgiven for getting cranky and letting an expletive slip?

Especially after roses and movies the night before. People on honeymoons stub their toes every so often - doesn't mean they go home, just means the toe hurts, ya know?

Good luck!

Beach Bum said...

Yeah, I'm trying to let it drop, but since I have not seen him since them, he hasn't really redeemed himself just yet.

Seems like we're seeing each other again this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.

On the bright side, he has already mentioned how "this is a relationship with only one girl" (without me needing to bring it up) so at least my initial insecurities have been put to rest...