
So, I'm a dork. Because after spotting this license plate on the road, I fell in love. I wasn't ready to update from my cuter cardinal bird one (it's blue, it matches my car!), so instead I got a bumper sticker with it...
I received it yesterday and proudly stuck it to my back windshield (my bumper already has a cute flower on it, so it would look uneven. Shut up, I'm a girl!).
And you know what? I never thought I'd be so excited about having a humongous yellow sign stuck to my car. But when I'm not driving it, I'm riding my bike, so gotta represent!
(You can get the bumper sticker at Cafe Press.)
On another note, today I biked to work for the first time in 4 weeks (was working until 9 or 10pm the week before going on vacation, was off on vacation for 2 weeks, then last week was adjusting to a 7 hour time difference), and I got my ass kicked. For the first time in probably months, biking to work actually felt like exercise. Halfway through I was tired, and ready to stop. But ah, it feels good to be back.
Now I just have to find a way to keep up with it during the dark winter commute...
10/7/08
Share the Road
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice sticker!
Do you have a helmet light to use during the dark winter months? And how about some nice warm clothing to wear? That's really all that you need to get through the winter. A pair of tights, something to wear on your head under your helmet, and some neoprene shoe covers should be enough!
I hope to be out there commuting this winter as well. It was cool enough this morning that I wore my tights.
My commute is 11 miles each way, and it is mostly trails, so I'm not too comfortable riding in the dark by myself like that.
The cold weather? I despise it, but I can suck it up. The dark? Sure, I bought a fancy light (actually gotta pick it up at Performance today).
But being by myself on the trails in the dark? I'm uncomfortable. I go through some shady areas, like 4 Mile Run near Glebe Rd...
I feel like I'll be that girl on the local news where everyone will be thinking "well, how dumb was she??"
Need to find someone with my hours and commute to bike with me!
4 mile run, I ride through that area as well, send me an email and we can chat offline.
Post a Comment