4/6/09

I did it!

My primary goal for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler was to not get picked up by the bus. My secondary goal was to run the whole thing and finish in 2 hours. Not only I beat the bus by 23 minutes, but I ran the whole thing finishing in slightly less than 2 hours.

Sure, my slow 11:45 min/mile running pace was nowhere near the boy's 8:11 min/mile pace. But I achieved both my goals and it's all that matters...

Already signed up for the Army Ten Miler and my goal is to get faster by then, improving my pace by at least a minute.

I'm even considering this half-marathon in September (I read beach and beer, sounds like good reasons to try it).

Until then, I'm doing shorter races, like the Muddy Buddy, then the 10k at the National Harbor, the 5k for the Pacers Running Festival (all in May) and the Marine Corps Run Amuck in June. Of course, a repeat of the MCM 10k (nope, not ready for the marathon yet, probably never will be) in October is bound to happen.

Anyone wants to join me?

3 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Congrats, love! B just told me he signed up for some 3 miler... if you do it, I'll bring punch and cookies for BOTH of you ;-)

Beach Bum said...

Let me know which 3 miler he signed up to. Maybe...

rachaelgking said...

I'll ping ya ;-)