8/24/09

11.7

Miles, that is. 11.7 miles. That I ran on Saturday. Non-stop. Still talking towards the end.

Sure, I ran slower than my usual pace, so it took me a few more minutes to complete it. But I ran the whole thing. Could I have done another 1.4 miles and completed a half marathon on Saturday? Absolutely.

The weather wasn't as hot, the drop in temperature certainly helped (amazing how a high of 80 degrees vs a high of 90 degrees makes the run much less torture).

But being able to run almost 12 miles, without needing a walk break? It was the exact boost of confidence I needed!

Not only I can finish the Half Marathon, but I just might be able to finish running it all!

And that pre-30th goal? Will be accomplished after all. Yippee!!!

Big props to my friends running the Marine Corps Marathon this October... While I officially started tapering, our group training run this weekend for the MCM is 3 hours long. Ick.

1 comment: