20 pairs of brand new or barely used shoes that I don't wear: out of my closet, into my neighbor's closet.
30 pairs of pants that I haven't worn in a while: out of my closet, into a pile to give or sell (some still have tags on...).
Kitchen Island that had a permanent home in my dining room: Sold for $80.
Bookcase: Sold for $50.
Room divider: Sold for $30.
Dining set: Sold for $250.
Humongous computer desk: Will be sold to a friend this weekend, for $50.
Yard sale scheduled for this Sunday: Done!
Slowly, but surely, I'm making space for the boy. And this weekend we made our first two major purchases together -- we got this bookcase and set it up with a pair of the desks in each side, the two bookcases in the middle:
Against my red walls? It looks gorgeous. Plus it matches the other bookcases in the apartment.
Then, we got this dining table... It's about the size of my old one, except the dark brown will match my other furniture. The table expands to sit 8 people (not that I often have 8 people around my table, but it's good to have the option). And the table is pub-height.It gets delivered on Friday, I can't wait!
My couches? Will be going next. His dark brown leather couch and chair, which are not really my taste but are still nicer than my current couches, will take their place in my living room.
In a few weeks, my living room will look totally different. More put together with pieces that were bought to match. It'll be like living in a new home.
And the boy? Is starting to finally feel that my place is his home. True, he basically already lives there, visiting his place once a week to do laundry, but constantly complains of my overcrowded place, and the lack of space due to my mismatched furniture.
Little by little, I'm getting rid of the old, starting out with the new. Because when I was cleaning my closet back in December, I found my freshman orientation papers from college, plus tons of papers, notebooks, and syllabus from that era. Not only it survived over 10 years in my possession, but it withstood a few moves...
Time to go through everything, and make space, start fresh. Today, it's my storage space's turn. Aside from my bike and my suitcases, I haven't really touched it in years!
Attempting to throw a yard sale this weekend. If I can make some extra cash, and make room in my place, it'll be wonderful! Fingers crossed...
8/11/09
Out with the old...
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
4:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! I remember that feeling. Yes, it was all from IKEA, but at least it MATCHES... and now our place looks like a HOME. Congrats, love!
Mine is not Ikea, but it's not that much more expensive either -- just a slight step up!
Much more affordable when you're only paying half of it, however.
I'm excited :)
Post a Comment