8/25/09

One week to go!

At this time next week, the boy will be living with me.

Though I still have a few things to tackle in my own place, he still has quite a bit to do in his. Realizing at the last minute that is not worth to pay storage to keep a lot of his furniture, he has at last decided to sell some of his items.

Thinking my Craigslist endeavors would end this week while posting my couch and loveseat for sale ($300 for the set), and probably my wood coffee table as well (for $100 -- I'll be losing the storage!), now I will have to help him sell a few of his items. I'm inheriting his coffee table, if only because the wood color matches our new furniture.

But on the list, to sell this week (this will not be fun):
-His one year old king mattress and boxspring. He paid two grand for the set last year, hoping we'll get $500 for it.
-For another $200, we'll be selling his king bed
-His nightstand and side table (still need to figure out how much he'll be selling it for)
-His TV Stand for another $100
-His office chair for $20

It's sad -- all his furniture are a little more than a year old, but things like his king bed, though comfy and in like-new condition, don't fit in my bedroom. The TV stand doesn't fit with the layout of my place (since I have built in bookcases), and we'll have to buy a new one.

I already found a buyer for my old TV (woohoo!), but now still need to take pictures and measure his furniture. This process will not be fun.

Anyone looking to buy some almost new furniture here and save me for some more Craigslist hassle?

3 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Craigslist isn't as bad as you think. I once had a similar list of things to sell (albeit it crappy and older), I put all of it up for $150 as a group. Two guys came, paid, and hauled it all away within the hour.

Beach Bum said...

I've been able to sell all the things I needed off Craigslist, but so tired of dealing with that for the last month. So many people email, so few come through...

Unknown said...

He might want to look into donating some of those items. Nice tax deduction, no storage, no haggling with semi-serious buyers and a lot of those place will come and pick it up for you...