8/31/09

What's next?

As of today the Boy is officially living with me.

A week from today, I will be able to say "sure, I've run a half marathon before..."

2 weeks from today, I will have finally gone to an amusement park this summer (and I get to go for free!)

3 weeks from today, I will have officially survived my 30th birthday.

4 weeks from today, I will have run my 10th race this year.

5 weeks from today, I will be able to say I've run the Army Ten Miler.

I've been writing a lot about running lately, and when you run 4 times a week, adding up well over 20 miles each week, it consumes a lot of your spare time.

Just two years after I wrote this post, when I could barely run a couple of miles, now I'm running (and yes, damn it, I'm running the whole thing!) a half marathon in less than a week, and have another 10 miler a month from now.

Yes, I am still a very slow runner. But hopefully, by this time next year, I would have gotten slightly faster. And as long as I continue to improve, there's always something to look forward to.

I still have no desire to run a full marathon. Not yet anyway...

No comments: