2/14/10

!!!

I arrived in Seattle on Tuesday afternoon, after the storm that was coming to DC forced us to change our travel plans and leave town almost two days early.

On Thursday, the Boy took me out to a fancy dinner at the top of the Space Needle. Dinner was good, we stuffed our faces, even ate dessert.

After paying the bill, he pulls out a card and hands it to me. He says "just read the pre-printed part, I want to read to you what I wrote."

And he reads off from the card. I interrupt him twice to give him a peck on the lips. His words are sweet, they are bringing tears to my eyes.

He finishes what he has to say and stands up. I stand up. I hug him. He kneels down, I sit down. He tells me to get up.

There, in one knee, he asks me to marry him. I say "yes, of course" as I wipe tears off my eyes.

We hug. The restaurant explodes in applause. People go "OH MY GOD! He just proposed!"

Girls yell "show me the ring" "Oh, girl, he means it!" We have our picture taken.

The waiter comes over, and points to a couple two tables away "They are sending you a bottle of Dom Perignon" (now how freaking nice is that?!)

We finish the bottle, and join his sister and husband at a K's Choice concert (I had never heard of them, but they're pretty good!).

The waiter comes over with gorgeous flowers. Then comes back with a yummy dessert (the second dessert of the night, ooops) and in chocolate syrup "No Take Backs" is scribbled on the plate.

I was so afraid that it wouldn't be special... But it was perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.

Here's the obligatory picture of the engagement ring... (ignore my old-lady-like hands)

It's sparkly. And perfect. And just right.

The Boy? Will continue to make me feel like the luckiest person in the world. I can't believe a little over a year ago, he was just the "Pretty Boy" I met one night at karaoke... It was a long way here, with lots of bad dates and wrong guys. But waiting for the right one? Totally worth it.

10 comments:

vvk said...

Congratulations! :-)

Beach Bum said...

Thanks, vvk! I'm happy :)

Anonymous said...

Have been reading for a while and today I finally de-lurk here to say 'Congratulations!!!!'
:)
marie

Beach Bum said...

Thanks, Marie! Happy to know I had a reader I didn't even know about!

cavy said...

CONGRATS a million times over!!! I'm so glad the first time i stumbled over to your blog was such a thrilling post :)

Beach Bum said...

Ah, cavy, thanks :)

Tyler said...

Congratulations!!

(I proposed to my GF last week as well!)

Beach Bum said...

Thanks, Tyler -- and what a coincidence!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Congrats on your engagement!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.