8/24/07

Argh, cramps!!!

So I've been on the pill for years. Even when I'm not actually doing anything, I still take it for the convenience -- always good to know when that time of the month is approaching so I can be prepared, or to skip it altogether if it conflicts with a beach vacation.

But I've run out of refills and for the lack of time to actually schedule an appointment at the doctor's this last month, I figured a month off wouldn't make much of a difference. Well, it shouldn't anyway. It's not like I was doing anything. Of course, that was just a guarantee that, yep, I'd finally be back in action (damn, if I knew all I needed was to jinx myself for my sex life to pick up again, I would have done that ages ago!!). But of course, by the time my sex life had
reincarnated, the time I was supposed to have gotten my period came and went. And nothing. So now I wanted to wait around, damn it, what if something was wrong? Taking the pill for years, we all know we don't actually get real periods, so now that it was time to get a real one it
wasn't coming.

So I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And now finally, 3 weeks after it was supposed to have started, it's here. Ah, and the little detail I forgot after all these years: cramps are back in full force. FULL FORCE. I forgot that the good thing about the "fake periods" that the pill gives you, also means very minor cramps, if any. Not
bending-over-in-pain-oh-my-god-I-feel-like-I-can-die-it-hurts-so-much cramps as I have today.

Remember yesterday when I was bitching about my job (which also explains a lot why I was so so so down this past week -- PMS anyone?), and I said today it would be worse? Well, it's worse, alright, now add the cramps on top of that.

It also doesn't help that someone decided to throw a party at 3am on my building's parking lot so I was brutally awaken at that time to loud music (so loud I thought my stereo had turned on by itself) and a "WOO!" yell every couple of minutes or so. I was delighted of course, when I realized how tired I was, how I couldn't get back to sleep, and how I would have to wake up in 3 hours. And yep, finally realized I could call the cops on them, I did, and got a "an officer is already on his way, as we have gotten several calls already" -- thankfully, I was not the only one bothering the Arlington County police folks whining about my need to sleep. The music and the "WOO!" continued for another half hour when it finally stopped (thanks to the cops, I'm sure).

So sucky day at work, cramps that could kill me and lack of sleep.

If it wasn't for karaoke to look forward to tonight, I'd throw myself out of the window. Of course it doesn't help that I have no real windows in my office, except for one that leads to the hallway, so all it would really do is make me die of embarrassment as I collapse on the floor, with my skirt hiked up to my stomach to the horror of my coworkers. (And no, I would never really throw myself out of a window, regardless of how high or low it is, no worries. Unless there's a deep pool right underneath -- I could totally see myself pulling a stunt like that. Hmmmm, water...)

So I sit here and fake work, while I try to forget how much it hurts. And how a bit of sleep would be sooooo good right now. And how my mood is so crappy I could bitch-slap anyone now.

(And for those of you hitting the karaoke bar with me, no worries, I will take a nap before heading out which will hopefully brighten my mood a bit!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did I find this funny? God I have problems

Beach Bum said...

I'm here to entertain :)

It's not like your TMI posts don't crack me up as well -- damn, we're weird!