8/15/07

Uninspired

I like to write. I always write a lot. My friends know I'm not one to write a couple of words in reply to an email -- I'm known for writing huge emails babbling on about stuff. Damn, even my comments to other bloggers are a bit too extensive sometimes.

And here it is, my blog, with barely any updates.

Not only I feel like my writing here is boring, only half a dozen people even read what I write (when they do) and then in general I feel uninspired. I got a lot to rant about, but that is going in a too personal level, it might come back to bite me in the ass. Plus it gets tiring of sounding like a bitch, when I think (hope?) I'm not really like this away from this blog. But just random musings as I hoped I would be doing is not really working out too well...

It's funny, every day when I'm in the shower, my head is spinning with ideas, I write whole blog posts in my head. Then as soon as I have time and sit and write those thoughts down they don't come out as naturally, it becomes forced, I forget to way I was thinking, I lose the wit, they're boring. So then tons of unfinished blogs sit on my draft folder waiting for my inspiration to return. Then nothing for days at a time.

And the people who know me, know I'm not short on words. Why is it then, here on this blog I just lack inspiration?

2 comments:

The King's Daughter said...

Good question. So far, your blogs seem pretty inspired and funny. Maybe today you're just bored. It's hard if you feel like you have to write every day. Just write when you feel like it.

Jo said...

Writing when you're pissed off works. Don't worry we won't think you're a bitch :-) That's how I started, I mostly wrote when I felt the need to rant. Then I got used to it and figured out when to write. Sometimes you have to write immediately when you're inspired. Or at least just jot down the idea. Not all your posts are going to be masterpieces, that's another thing to remember. We all write sh*tty posts sometimes.