So apparently my company's party is one of the biggest in DC (I've heard second biggest, just behind the white house, but not sure how accurate that is), which could explain why, having a 10k to run the next day, at 8am, I had mixed feelings about the weekend.
While I was keeping myself in check from drinking too much, despite the wide assortment of top shelf alcohol and mojitos and margaritas at my fingertips, I didn't pay much attention to the food. Well, I take that back. I paid way too much attention to the food. Which is probably why, by midnight, I wasn't feeling too good. I guess sushi, eggrolls, empanadas, spanakopita, kibe, couscous, spicy seaweed salad, quiche and chocolate covered pumpkin cheesecake on a stick don't mix too well together. Watching the horrible drunk preformances at the karaoke room, just made my stomach more queasy. Shortly after midnight I was on my way home, not repeating my "I'll stay here until the kick me out" demeanor from last year.
I was a bit relieved though, as that meant I could try to get some sleep before running the 10k in the morning.
It doesn't mean that when my alarm went off at 6am, I wasn't cursing myself for signing up for a race the morning after my company's xmas party. The fact that I had no intentions of running the whole thing while sleep-deprived and sligthy hungover, helped the getting out of bed process. It was freaking freezing, so wearing shorts with only one long-sleeved t-shirt was also not one of my best ideas (though I was totally comfortable after the second mile).
But I was able to run the whole thing (I had no choice if I wanted to stay warm!). Then I had my blog-celebrity sighting, recognizing Arjewtino.
I followed up the run with lunch at Texas de Brazil with the Scottish guy for all-you-can-eat Brazilian BBQ, undoing all the hard work. I was still full from lunch when I went to bed last night...
The Scottish guy? Date was a tad better than the last one, but still leaves a lot of questions in the air. He's gone for a at least a month, so let's see if I'll hear anything from him in the meantime. He would still like to see me after he comes back, but we'll see if that actually happens.
Until then, I'll be running this race -- I can't say no to a free t-shirt AND sweatshirt! Plus, it'll still give me enough time to go home and get ready for NYE.
12/15/08
Weekend Recap...
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Girl, you are CRAZY. I can't believe I managed to get out of bed yesterday after our party, never mind RUN A RACE. You are truly a champion.
Believe me, it was not one of my best decisions. I was beat on Sunday...
Post a Comment