So I'm tired of this anonymous status. It was great back when I used to rant about my dates, now, that I'm no longer in the dating-mode, who cares who knows who I am? I am also disappointed with my job, but no longer deal with angry coworkers, so not much venting either.
And here it is where I come out to you guys...
Hi, I'm Carla.
And this is me:
What triggered this change of heart? For one, I sent a submission to Rachel's "love story project" because I thought it was such a great idea! I'll post the link here when it finally comes out. Of course, those of you who have read my account of meeting the Boy (Karl, by the way) are way too familiar with it. But, with my story there are also pictures!
The other reason, is that I talk way too much about running, and decided to create a blog just for my running adventures. And there? I have pictures from races. I just started it, so not much yet to see, aside from the account of the horrible ankle sprain I'm now dealing with, which made the one-block walk from my bus stop to work this morning a nightmare. But unfortunately, as I don't drive to work (not that I can, my ankle just can't move that way yet), I'm stuck limping my way into the office. Not bringing my crutches this morning was likely not the best idea either.
But I'm planning on keeping up there things about my training runs (as soon as I'm back on my feet), about races, I hope to train for a marathon next year (yep, no doubt I'll regret that decision once training for it actually starts). Since there's way more running things I want to share than it fits here with this blog, creating a separate blog, where I don't have to hide, seems ideal.
I named the blog after my running group on meetup.com: I Run, You Run.
I'll still post things here (god knows I never run out of things to bitch about). But join me on the other side if you want to see a bit of who I am, and how much running has become such a huge part of my life, even though I hate it!
10/19/09
Here is where I come public to the blog world...
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
4:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome! Glad to see you come out of the darkness!
Thanks, Tyler!
Hiiiiiiiii!
(That's at our Christmas party, isn't it?! ;-)
It totally is! Can't wait to party it up again this year!
Post a Comment