10/21/09

Update on diet

Remember how two weeks ago I said I was on a diet? So it's about time for an update.

I've been really really good at it, with the exception of Columbus Day weekend, since we drove down to the OBX (and got exactly 3 hours of perfect beach weather -- it was 3 hours more than we expected, yay!), and ate at Pigman's everyday, with frozen custard as dessert. We knew it was coming, so we saved up our extra "weekly" points for that week and the next so it would sort of even out.

So far, I've only lost a pound. I'm not frustrated, because it's exactly what I expected. I spent the last few months running 20+ miles a week, to all of a sudden having to stop due to injury, and due to my ankle sprain last Friday, I've been even more of a bum (though tomorrow we're supposed to hit the gym and work out those arms).

The diet then, is not making me lose weight, but instead preventing me from gaining.

Can't wait to start running again...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Lift more! Not only are you burning calories during the actual workout, but you'll speed up your metabolic rate, long-term. You can do it!

Beach Bum said...

I used to do a lot more weights than I do now, but now when we go to the gym we only work out the arms/shoulder/chest (which, of course, are just tiny muscles and don't do much for anyone's metabolic rate).

Until the foot and ankle fully heal, I have to stay away from the leg machines, but it's not a bad idea to work on them once I'm back to normal...