5/24/07

The GAME

So if you read the cheerful cynic 's post today she talks about the game. What is it to have game (like she does) versus having no game (me, me, me!)? All the steps she mentioned (except for the actual initiating conversation part) I do, but my usual luck is that the guy eye me all night but never approaches me.

Do I look too intimidating? Something must be going on.

I know that since it's not too unusual for me to hang out with guys, they're definitely hurting my game. A couple of months ago I was out with a couple of guy friends, one was in the bathroom, the other one getting drinks, so I was by myself for a good 5 minutes. Soon enough a cute guy is eyeing me, smile, started coming my way. Then my friend shows up with the drinks, and says
"CR, that guy is totally checking you out!"
"Duh, I know, and you just cock blocked him!"
"Oh, I did?"
"Of course, what do you think?"
"Sorry..."

A few weeks later, I was out at RiRa with a ton of friends, and I spot this cutie looking me over. After a while, I go to the bar (distancing myself from the group), make my order, then feel someone holding me at the waist, whispering "hey sexy" -- "Damn, S, you totally cock blocked me again!" -- so yep, my guy friends have the best intentions, but have no clue. And for the most part, guys never approach me if I have a guy in my group, I assume on the off chance that I'm dating him.

But when I hang out with just the girls, I never have any luck either. And aside from two dates I got out of karaoke, I don't remember the last time I actually met a guy at a bar. I really don't. So what am I doing wrong? I never had to approach guys myself before, but is that really my only resort now -- to go for the kill myself? But if the dude is interested, shouldn't he have some balls and come talk to me? (Do I really want to approach a dude with no balls?)

So, the game, what are your tips for us girls who totally suck at it? And I don't mean tips for the girls that get no looks. But the ones that do get guys checking them out, smiling, etc, all night from across the bar but they never come up to talk to her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, you're definitely hurting your game by going out with guys. Second of all, why would you want to wait for the guy to come to you? When you're at the grocery store, you don't wait for the milk to jump in your cart, do you?

Beach Bum said...

Well, the milk won't jump in my cart, but if the guy is interested, why can't he come to talk to me? Why do I have to make the first move? Guys are such wuss these days...