5/17/07

Like I really needed another reason to procrastinate at my job...

So I've been reading a few blogs for a few months now. I don't even know how it all got started, or which was the first one I found. I was obviously at my job procrastinating as usual. But once I started it snowballed -- I clicked on the link to other blogs and ended up reading more and more, bookmarking the ones I liked along the way. Once in a while leaving a comment as "CR"

Of course, once I started reading about the random things people write, I started thinking why shouldn't I do this too? I already send humongous emails to my friends as is, so it's not like I don't have enough to say.

So here I am starting out my own blog. I seem to get inspired late at night when I should actually be going to bed so I don't have to suffer getting up for work in the morning (I do start at 7am!), but I can't help myself -- seems like I'm a big procrastinator in everything in my life, including sleep.

I have an interesting day ahead of me -- going to a date tonight with a guy I met last weekend that I have a feeling might be too geeky for me. As in way too geeky. Don't get me wrong, I can be friends with geeky, but I can't date geeky. But he's not bad looking, and really had guts when he asked me out (in front of all my friends at a bar, risking rejection in front of everyone) -- I'm tired of guys who look at me all night but never approach me. The hell? I'm not making the move, dude, be a man and come talk to me. So the geeky guy did exactly that, since he's cute enough, I decided to give him a chance. But I'm kind of dreading the whole thing... I always go for athletic guys and he doesn't come across me as athletic at all -- and that one of the big things I look for, as I'm pretty active, so don't see myself dating a guy who doesn't share that. We'll see what happens. But I'm predicting I'll be throwing the let's-be-friends line soon.

Ah, yeah, and me not making the first move thing -- I've done it once or twice before, and never had luck. I didn't get rejected, don't get me wrong, that just instantly moved me to the friends zone. I got an "yes" but they never thought they were being asked out. They thought I was being friendly. Social butterfly me.

So yep, not initiating anything anymore. Obviously I have no game (actually a couple of my friends are emailing right now about our lack of game). And I move to the friends stage too fast. So if the guy is interested he better have some guts, because obviously if he's waiting for me to approach him, he'll be waiting all night.

So date tonight with geeky guy. After volleyball. I still gotta have my priorities, of course. Plus, as I always say, there's no way I'm giving up on a guaranteed good time (volleyball) to go on a date that could be either good or bad.

It's no wonder I'm single.
.

-----------------
UPDATE: Date wasn't good. Not only does he have no hobbies (none!) but he's never played sports (not one!). Sooooo, I talked about playing sports the whole time (Volleyball! Swimming! Tennis! Biking! Running! European Handball! Basketball!) so I bored the hell out of him. I feel like I accomplished something -- much better bore him to death than pull out the friends line!

No comments: