So last night at one of the many bars in Arlington, after pointing out how the "guy in the red shirt was cute" my friend (you know who you are!) proceeded to embarrass me. As soon as he went to the bar, she grabbed one of his friends "Hey, is your friend in the red shirt single?" He didn't know and pointed at another friend, who didn't know, who pointed to yet another friend, who said "yeah, as far as I know."
All of this, while I stood there mortified, my face as red as his shirt. Well, my great wing-woman eventually abandoned me, and while dancing with another friend, one of the girls who was questioned pulls me over "what's you name again? Beach Bum, this is my friend J" "Er, hi, J, nice to meet you" We both look at each other and say "this is so awkward." It was.
So J and I chatted for a bit, he doesn't live here, he's in town for a wedding, he lives in TX. Great, just my luck that the one cute guy I chat with is from freaking out of town. I grab another beer.
Soon enough we're talking, one of his friends takes a liking to me while J makes his way for more beers and says how gorgeous I am, how he likes my sandals, how I look a bit conservative (that made me laugh, me? Seriously??), he apologized for being sweaty and asked "do you ever have sex with sweaty men?" -- luckily J comes back and saves me from answering that one (I mean, duh, of course, but that doesn't mean I want your sweaty ass). Except instead of being offended, like J surely thinks I am, I'm actually finding the whole thing hilarious, as the guy was funny, even if the things he said was a bit far fetched.
J starts putting his arms around me, making clear to his friend to back off -- he gets the message. We chat more. My last remaining friend also goes home. I'm comfortable around these guys enough that I stick around. Last call rolls around and we all move on to a diner nearby. We chat, I find out that J is 3 years younger than me (what is it with me attracting younger guys all of a sudden?).
While we're talking, it hits me that J works at the same place my friend's husband does (a freaking huge multinational, by the way, not some mom & pop shop -- very little odds of them knowing each other).
"Ah, a friend of mine works for them too now that I think about it. He lived in Upstate NY, then moved to LA, and lives in Santa Monica"
"Don't tell me his name is JM?"
"Yeah!!! JM is married to my friend L, who was roommates and best friends with one of my best friends back in NYC. I met them before they were even engaged"
"Oh my god, I know JM! JM interviewed me for my job! He visited me last month! I'm good friends with JM!"
So he then proceeds to text him saying how he's sitting with Beach Bum, friends of K, from Brazil.
(Fucking small world, huh? I know them from NY, they now live in LA, J lives in TX, and we bump into each other in freaking Arlington, VA and we have friends in common? Really??)
From the diner we all hop in a cab and go to one of his cousin's place to watch a movie. We never end up watching the movie and entertain ourselves with some smooching instead.
Nothing like some good, proper smooching to put things in perspective. I don't remember the last time someone kissed me just so, hugged me just right, caressed my back exactly how I like it to be caressed. The guy that broke my dry-spell didn't come close to J -- and J and I didn't even go far enough to take our clothes off, and it was still oh, so much more exciting. It was incredible. Fucking amazing. (And by the way, his arms? OMG. I don't think I've ever felt so many muscles on a guy's arm before.)
We doze off. At 5am we wake up and decide to go rescue my car so I can go home, and he can go back to his hotel. We have no idea where we are, but we do have some notion of how to get back to Clarendon. So we walk. And walk. And walk. In the middle of nowhere at 5am. Holding hands most of the time. Him telling me how I'm insanely attractive. After about 45 minutes (maybe an hour?) we find my car, I drive him to his hotel while he caresses my hair, arm and shoulder the whole time. I can barely concentrate on the road.
I drop him off, the sun is starting to come up. He kisses me and says "I had a great time, take care."
Didn't ask for my number or even my email. I'm never going to see him again. And the fact is, he lives in TX, for god's sake, what would be the point? But I'm still incredibly disappointed. He was one of the good ones. Well, it was the way he made me feel. (Of course, I always have some hope that he'll get in touch with JM to find a way to contact me, but let's be realistic here. If he wanted, he'd ask for it himself.)
But last night? I don't regret it, it reminded me of what I want in a guy -- sure, I never got to know him well enough to know whether we were a fit. But the affection? I can't settle for a guy who's less affectionate than that. It really does put a lot of boys in my past to shame.
I have my great wing-woman to thank for my incredible night.
After an hour and a half of sleep last night, I'll spend my Saturday day-dreaming about him. Because men like him? That's what I deserve. That's what I fucking deserve.
(And OMG, his arms!! Yum!!)
9/15/07
I just want you to hold me in your arms
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Big Pimpin' :-)
Post a Comment