It wasn't until after finally taking a shower at a public bathroom on Sunday afternoon that I realized that I hadn't looked at a mirror in well over 48 hours. And I didn't miss it.
We headed out to Shenandoah on Friday early morning and set up camp. A couple of our friends had arrived the night before, so a lot of the work had already been done. Little by little more people arrived during the weekend, for a total of 16 of us. Plus 4 dogs.
Aside from having to "go potty" in the woods, I could get used to this camping life. Despite getting sick for the second half of the trip, I had a great time, even while sick. The weather was perfect, no rain, sunny weather all day! Got to jump in the water every day. Ate awesome (really awesome!) food. Hung out with some great people. Relaxed. Great weekend. Really GREAT weekend.
Here are some pics...
A few of our tents (mine is the blue one)

Trees by the campsite:

The river next to our campsite:




A lake where we spent one of our afternoons at:

View from our hike to the lake:

Another swimhole we visited (this one with the great awesomeness of public toilets, showers -- running water!)

The dogs:




Now how was your labor day weekend?
1 comment:
Nice pictures. Your weekend looked really fun! Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment