I always figured that somewhere inside the beltway, there MUST be men that have balls. This week, I encountered two, really, TWO, men in DC that actually have balls.
So despite what some of my friends have suggested, that I should in fact be the one initiating the conversation with the cutie at the bar, I don't actually want to, because if you don't have the balls to approach me, then you're not the guy for me. Really.
It's a DC thing, this lack of balls in men. In Brazil, NYC or NJ, I never had that problem. DC men have gotten used to sitting back and letting the women do the work. So the days go by and I continue to be single, because guys very rarely approach me in this area. Gosh, almost never.
But this week, not only furniture guy's cute friend asked for my number, contacted me and arranged a date (ok, he wanted a booty call, but he was really cute, it counts!), but today another cute guy told me "I like you and we should hang out."
I met up with my Egyptian friend who I hadn't seen since the summer, since the day I met this guy. Needless to say, we were overdue for an outing. While having dinner, she mentioned how one of her friends would be perfect for me, and I really didn't take her seriously, because so far anytime a friend has suggested how I would like her friend, you bet he is absolutely not my type.
So she picked up her phone in the middle of dinner and called him up telling him he should come over and meet up with us, and started to pimp me out to him. Yep, mortifying, as you can imagine.
But he actually came over with one of his friends. And he was cute. Not in the oh-my-god-rip-my-clothes-off-you're-stunning sort of way, but there's-something-I-can't-really-put-my-finger-on cute way. I was instantly smitten and comfortable around him. He was a nice, cute guy (I was never one to fall for bad boys...)
Is it normal to get giddy and excited about a guy you met once, have barely talked to, and now can't stop thinking about? Because that's how I am right now. He didn't stay long, only shared a beer with us, we chatted a bit, made a couple of jokes, but before he finished his beer, he put his arm around my waist, apologized, said he had previous plans with his friends in DC and said "I like you, and I think we should definitely hang out again, I'll get in touch with Egyptian friend for your information." Of course I smiled and agreed, "yes, I think we should, I'd like that." He finished his beer, and before taking off, again said how he would like to see me again. And he told that to Egyptian friend as well, as she happily informed me after he left.
That made my night. There was definitely potential there, and not in the "I just want a booty call" way either.
The problem? Despite many "we should hang out soon!" and "Let's do dinner this week!" it took 4 months until I met up with Egyptian friend again, so she might not be very reliable as the middleman in this case...
But, fingers crossed. Because a good feeling about someone? It doesn't happen every day. And always better when it comes highly recommended by a good friend.
So, unbelievably, in less than a week, I met two men in DC with enough balls to tell me they want to see me again. Wow.
1/27/08
Men with balls
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
1:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with it. Just play it slower than you might want to -- rushing it tends to burn it up. I got my ass kicked by that recently.
Post a Comment