1/26/09

Bliss

That's the best word I can use to describe my current state of mind. I'm in bliss. Not about work or my finances, but my love life.

For years my friends have complained that I'm too picky. That I always find defects with everyone I meet. True enough, I have described guys I have gone out with words such as

"walks like a penguin"
"has short arms"
"puny"
"rough around the edges"
"no neck-guy"
"too geeky"
"too skinny"

And if any of my friends were reading this, I'm sure they could comment in here and give hundreds of other examples. I'd go on a date or meet a guy, and be "well, here's the thing..." "Oh, my god, Beach Bum, what's wrong with him now??"

Pretty Boy? Not once I have described him as anything but great. He's incredibly cute (adorable!!), has gorgeous blue eyes (haven't I mentioned I'm a sucker for them?), has a body that I can't keep my hands off of and a smile that makes me melt.

I haven't yet said the "I like him, but..." Sure, eventually I WILL find something about him that I don't like. But the fact that I haven't yet seen any red flags is a REALLY good sign. By the time I find a minor flaw I don't like? It will no longer matter.

I truly believe that it isn't that I'm picky. It is because all those other guys were not right for me. Because the right guy? Will be perfect -- at least at first.

No, pretty boy isn't perfect, but I wouldn't change a thing. Because everything about him that he has a problem with, is what makes him the person he is. And I'm in love with the person he is.

It is weird to have the feeling that I just KNOW I have a future with him. And I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Congrats! It's a good feeling to have.

rachaelgking said...

It is weird to have the feeling that I just KNOW I have a future with him.

I know exactly what you mean. It just isn't even a question, it's just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

Woot!