1/4/09

Pretty Boy

After texting me daily, today I went out with Pretty Boy. We were supposed to go out on Sunday, but as his family left a day earlier than expected, we went out today.

I didn't remember how he looked like, and on seeing him, he wasn't that "pretty" -- but the name will stick for now. Still cute, mind you, just not the best definition of pretty boy... (Though there is a 99% chance that he spends more time doing his hair than I do mine. Of course, I'm the queen of letting it air dry and hoping for the best, but still, his short hair is actually styled...)

We had dinner and then on the spur of the moment, ditched our previous plans and went out to karaoke instead, back to the bar where we met. Of course, when he mentioned he can sing Cindy Lauper, I was dying to see that, and damn, he does a great job at it, somehow making "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" a lot more rockish (and definitely not at all girlish!).

We talked all night, but the conversation was still not as easy as it is with Scottish Guy, which doesn't mean we ran out of things to say. Scottish Guy, by the way, sent me a "Happy New Year" text on Friday, I texted him back asking if he was still coming back next weekend, and apparently he'll be gone for another week. As disappointed as I was, I was also relieved -- by the time he comes back I should know where I stand with Pretty Boy.

I wasn't sure if Pretty Boy was interested, because though we were sitting side by side, there was no physical contact, not even "my knee touching his knee" sort of thing, and I definitely gave him the signals (since Scottish Guy had claimed I was hard to read).

We stayed until closing, he drove me home and walked me to my door. Then he got shy. He asked if I wanted to go out again, I reminded him that I was still up for tomorrow if it wasn't too soon for him, he agreed that tomorrow was good. He reached down and gave me a peck on the lips.

I guess he is interested then. I got into my apartment with a grin on my face =)

No comments: