1/13/09

Work Work Work

I've been having a horrible stressful time at work. Don't get me wrong, it's not hell like the other place I used to work at. I like the place I work, I like who I work with, I enjoy my job. But for the last few months I've been doing the work of two people. Which means I'm stressed out when I'm in here, thinking about work and losing sleep when I'm not in the office.

It means I'm working well over 40 hours a week. It means I feel guilty that I have over 100 unread emails at work, because I simply haven't had the time to read them all. Having a short week gives me more worries than joy. I wish the day was longer so I'd have more time at work.

And then, I wake up sick this morning and know that there is no way I can call in sick, I have too much work to do. I fight the urge to take a nap in the bus so I won't miss my stop.

I dragged myself to the office, opened up my email, and there's a message from my boss "not feeling well, staying home today."

I felt like shooting myself.

No comments: