9/1/09

I go home and climb over stuff

Because we were not able to sell everything yet, right now in my living room we have:

2 full size couches
1 loveseat
1 large leather chair
2 coffee tables
3 nightstands
2 large TV's
2 TV stands

Craigslist has been failing on me, even though we are pricing things pretty reasonably (a 3 year old chenille couch and loveseat set for $275, for example). It's not like people are emailing me asking for a discount. Is that I'm getting no emails AT ALL.

Ugh. And we should be getting our new TV stand (that will go better with the space) this week.

That might have to end up in the kitchen.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

As much as they say the economy is improving, it might be a sign of tough times.

As useful as the cash would be, do you think you could benefit from the tax deduction of donating to Goodwill (preferable to Salvation Army, which has homophobic policies)

Beach Bum said...

I don't pay income taxes due to my visa (and yes, my salary is adjusted accordingly with that in mind), so that would not be an option. Plus I am totally broke and in debt, so can't really give away things that are only a couple of years old (my oldest pieces of furniture are the couches, and they're only 3 years old).

Actually I think Craigslist should pick up because of the economy -- people can't afford to buy new things but many are still moving.

I had great luck selling everything else these last few weeks, but I wasn't in a hurry before. Seems like as soon as I got desperate Craigslist has failed me.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

do you deliver to Asheville? I could use some of that stuff... and $275 for a living room set is INCREDIBLE if it's in decent shape. My tv? Only 19". Perma-squint says what?

Beach Bum said...

Cat, isn't it ironic, that the person who would be interested lives too far? Everything is in great shape, but I'm not even getting emails from Craigslist spammers anymore... Frustrating!

And the TV I'm having a hard time selling is a 32" widescreen TV. Though it's not plasma, it is flat screen and HDTV ready (I've only had it for 3 years!). Seems like I might have finally found someone willing to pay $130 for it. Fingers crossed...