I was out with my friends at karaoke on Friday and our crowd ended up spilling over to a nearby table where 3 guys were sitting. Soon enough I noticed that the cute one was checking me out. A couple of looks here, a couple of smiles exchanged there and he finally introduced himself (don't ask me to remember what his name was, the place was too loud...).
My dear friend CC, helped me out asking him his age (25 -- I feel old!), the night goes on, there's some dancing, a bit of chatting, last call, lights go on, and no other developments.
CC, being the bad influence that she is, along with my other friends there, finally convinced me to slip him my number. I did. Soon he called me over and said he was going home that I should go with him. Uh... No? Told him he could call me if he wanted to see me again. He said to consider that a call, but a few minutes later he was calling me trying to convince me to "hang out" with him at his place "right around the corner."
Ok, so I'm not looking for a one-night-stand, all the power to you if you can do that. Me? I can't get myself to go that way. Not sure why, as it's been a long time (as in a freaking loooooong time -- enough that I wonder if I still remember how to do it). But I'm still not desperate. I still can't go home with a random guy I met at a bar (not that I didn't consider it...).
I'll probably never hear from him again -- which is fine, it just reassures me that I made the right decision.
So, we already knew that I had no game, but if I make a move the guy thinks I want to jump him? Don't get me wrong, I do (remember, it's been a long time), but put some freaking effort in it first before assuming I'll go home with you having barely spoken to you!
On that note, I should go to karaoke more often. I don't even sing, mind you, I just sing along, however the karaoke stats so far are:
# of visits: 5
# of dates from it: 2
# of attempt of a booty call: 1
So, got a date 2 out of 5 times, plus the booty call from last weekend. That's over a 50% success rate. And I didn't even have to go on stage!
Today, questioning my own acts, I emailed one of my good friends:
"Why is it that I'm so against meeting a guy just for some booty when it's been so long (OH SO LONG) since I got some??? Man..."
"Because you understand Darwinism and you don't want to end up in a dumpster in South East."
Ah yes, thanks for him to putting some sense back in my head.
3 comments:
dont worry it's not that hard, if you know how to do a hand stand then the reverse spider monkey can be very enjoyable.....
hold up what?
oh never mind
I object to being called a bad influence. I don't disagree with you, I just object. :-)
I stand firm on my belief that "game" is all about numbers. He was hot, but he was also a jerk. It happens. Just remember - he asked you for the booty call and YOU turned him down.
Wow, my kareoke experiences were never that successful!
One night stands are overrated. Usually we regret it the next morning, and usually it wasn't as good as people make it out to be. So more power to ya.
Post a Comment