Funnily enough, I just wrote this post about my tendency to injure myself last week.
So, last night, while playing, at the very end of my 6th game that night, I went to receive a short serve, my foot got caught on the rubbery floors of the court, and I fell sideways, over my foot, spraining my right ankle. Again.
Not nearly as a good story as last time, when I sprained it landing after I jumped to spike a ball. Last time it made me sound bad-ass. This time I just sound clumsy.
Which I am.
Luckily, the ankle is not nearly as painful as last time, and the damage was also not that bad. I can walk with a brace, though it is very much the limping type of walk (as we say in Brazil... "it's deep, it's shallow, it's deep, it's shallow..."), last time walking was out of the question (gosh, I hated using crutches), and so was driving.
Driving now hurts like a bitch, I admit (the up and down movement of my foot on the pedals brings a shooting pain each time), but not enough to bring tears to my eyes this morning, when it did bring quite a few last night, so that's a good sign, right? I iced and elevated the hell out of it, so it looks like it worked, since it's only a tad swollen today (last time it swelled up instantly and I had some very attractive black bruises covering most of my foot).
Just when I got back to running yesterday too! I'm hoping that by next week I can get back to the courts, to the gym, to jogging outside -- with a brace on, of course, but I can't imagine being stuck at home for too long. I hoping I'm not being overly optimistic here...
Off to do the alphabet with my foot now.
Ouch, now THAT hurts :(
3/13/08
Add one more to the count
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment