3/31/08

And they keep getting younger!

During the summer I met the boy from TX (the one that knew my friends from NYC, who now live in LA) who I'm still smitten with, though haven't heard from since. He was only 25.

There was also the random boy I made out with in Georgetown, the week I found out my ex got engaged, who I kept on seeing for another month or so after that. And he was only 24, I was 27.
None of them looked their age. They looked more like my age. By the time I found out how old they were, it no longer mattered.

Saturday, however, I set a new record. Cute boy was totally checking me out, as my friends pointed it out, while we were singing (screaming?) our hearts out to Sweet Child of Mine along with the band (have I mentioned it is my ringtone too?).

He basically infiltrated our little circle and soon enough, after the band had left the stage, but before the bar proclaimed the dreaded "last call," him and his friends invited us to an "after-hours dance party" at his friends' place. Since it was my friend's 30th birthday, there was really no reason to end the night so early, so the three of us tagged along, and joined them for said dance party (I should mention that aside from having girls among their group of friends, so it wasn't just us and a bunch of guys; one of my friends is an ex-cop -- so not a totally stupid move, as it may seem).

Until then, the cute boy was being secretive about his age. Since his friends were not as secretive about it, our guess was somewhere around the 25 years-old mark, give or take a year. Plus, I knew he was being secretive because of his younger age. You could tell that he felt intimidated by us, just because of the age difference...

So off we went to the dance party, which was basically that -- going to someone's apartment with ten other people, while they blasted music and we all danced in their living room. Most of them were drunk, I might add, so it was actually quite fun, despite my soberness.

Cute boy developed a flirty banter with me (something that I'm very good at -- well, the banter, not the flirting), and we were having a blast. Still not knowing his age, the only thing he informed me is that his birthday was on December 31st.

Eventually, he finally told me his age. He was only 23. I am now 28... What is it with young guys getting attracted to me lately? I haven't had a guy my age hit on me in ages!

Not long after that I had to leave. It was well past 3am, and I had a volleyball game to go to at 8am. Trying to play doubles after little sleep? Not fun (as I was able to confirm on Sunday morning, while attempting to look alert after 3 hours of sleep).

My friends left at the same time I did, but they said their goodbyes quickly, and walked out, leaving me and the boy outside (isn't it great when your friends pick up the vibe and know when to "let them two kids be alone now"?). All of a sudden, he was acting shy. We were both saying our goodbyes in not much more than a whisper. He gave me a hug. And a "maybe I'll see you soon."

And went back upstairs.

Now I did something totally uncharacteristic of me. I was walking out, but turned around and went back to the door, opened it, yelled out his name, he came back down and I said "you know, you're younger than me, but you could've kissed me, I would have kissed you back." So he gave me this huge grin and moved in for the kiss.
"Well, too late now."
"Too late?"
"Too late..."
"You're missing out"
"Nah, you are..."
"I am, huh?"
"Ah, what the heck"

And there you have it, I kissed a guy 5 years my junior.

And while I was driving home it hit me: his birthday was on December 31st. Damn, he's barely 23...

No comments: