Because the guy below, the one where I wondered if he just didn't have proper manners? Well, he never called me. Which is weird. We didn't exchange numbers prior to meeting, and he is the one who asked for my number after we paid the bill, mentioning how he never did get my number.
So we then did the whole "save your number in my phone and call you so you can have mine" sort of thing everyone does nowadays.
And he mentioned how he was going out of town that weekend, but wanted to do something the following week -- "Yeah, I'd like that, sounds good."
And the week went by and nothing. And it's not that I'm bothered, as I said, I thought he was cute, but wasn't sure if there was a future there aside from friendship -- though he would be a great friend, as we certainly got along.
But it does bug me that he went through the whole "let me get your number" and the "let's do something next week" thing when he never really meant any of it. Seriously? If you just say "it was nice meeting you" and leave it at that, I'll get the hint.
But I absolutely HATE that guys feel the need of saying something like that to us, to close off the date, when they really don't mean it. Because even if we don't like the guy, we expect to hear from them. Why give us expectations, when they're so easily avoidable?
Fucking men.
3/3/08
So maybe it's me?
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well actually, this is probably one of those cases where it is everyone else. Everyone that falls into the "fucking men" scenario that is. It would be on you if you had pre-established expectations of said meeting, get togethers or dates.
So chalk it up to bad luck or just adjust your expectations. But it's not reasonable for you to beat yourself up or condemn all men...just because a few individuals were thoughtless and inconsiderate. Or you could just follow their lead, perhaps they simply didn't "expect" that you'd care about what they did or didn't do. It's a possibility no?
Sadly, women tend to do the exact same thing.
Me on first date: "I had a great time, we should do it again sometime".
Her: "Sure, I'd like that".
I call her a couple days later (because when I say I'd like to go out again, I mean it), and either get voicemail and no returned call (the usual disappearing act), or, if I'm extremely lucky, an "I'm not interested" veiled in some sort of "you're a great guy but there's no chemistry so I don't ever want to see you again" message.
It's not just men who are guilty of such behavior.
Post a Comment