Back to the grind... Er, I mean, gym.
Because after taking 10 days off from volleyball, due to excruciating pain on my shoulder (and excruciating pain is really the only thing that keeps me away from volleyball), I was excited to go back to the courts last night.
Not because my shoulder is great, mind you. I notice when lifting my arm that there's still that tad bit of shock that goes down to my elbow. And that if I pay close attention, some of the throbbing/burning is still there. But the constant throbbing, the inability to lift my arm over my head, the need to drive with only my left hand on the steering wheel? Well, that went away. So back to the courts!
Or so I thought. Because at 7:15 last night, when I was dressed and almost on my way out the door (my excitement meant I was leaving early), I got a call from the team captain "don't bother coming, Daniela will be playing tonight, she really wants to play."
WTF?
Like I don't really want to play? A phone call back to her I got the run around of "well, since your shoulder was bad, I figured I'll give you another day off so you can get all better" Now don't give me that crap. And don't give me that crap 45 minutes before the game! So I don't know if I can still be on a team that is going to be pulling this crap on me. Which at the end, playing less might be better for the shoulder.
But anyway, to get to the point of this post (I know, surprisingly, there is one!). I was filled with anger and frustration -- culminated to the fact that I had to drive all the way up to the courts anyway as I had to pick up a package next door, which is not a short drive, this general pissed-off-ness just got worse.
Which led me to the gym. To work some of that anger out. And while there, I decided to do some weights, because I hadn't done any in months, except for a meager attempt when I stopped by our work gym with Jo (and distracted her more than anything -- I like the weights at my local gym much better!).
And all of that meant that not only I left the gym feeling great -- but I was feeling great within a few seconds of getting there. I forgot how much I actually enjoy working out.
Life gets in the way, and working out seems like a chore -- and I forget that for me at least, it's enjoyable, and something I need to keep my sanity. Well, that AND volleyball. So gym will be back in my routine.
Now if only I can get myself back to swimming laps again too...
3/4/08
Back to the grind
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment