Drama however seems to be the theme of my life this month. It's got to the point that I'm even avoiding interaction and socializing, that when invited for a happy hour, I kind of cringe. The thought of a night out on Saturday literally made me nauseated and sick, which meant I not only lost a chance to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in a while, but that going out is stressing me way more than it should.
First, there is a certain former very-good-friend that on every attempt of trying to rekindle a friendship lost months ago, he builds up drama again, this time, for reasons unbeknownst to me. My "how can I know I offended you if you don't let me know what is it I said/did that cause such offense, so please tell me, so I won't do it again" email went unanswered (ah, isn't it great to drop a bomb and just leave it there ticking, waiting to explode?).
Then it was the vday plans with one of my friends, T, who proceeded to invite some of her friends to tag along (ok by me), then when we were out, T hung out with her friends and ignored me (an action I saw it coming, due to past experience, so invited a couple of friends of my own as well). So then when we were bored, and we were ready to move to place where I was certain it would be fun, T convinced my friends to go to a place of her liking, despite my pleas that I was not a fan of that bar. However, I went along with the crowd -- "majority rules" as she kept repeating, plus what the heck, maybe it would be fun after all. She was going to close her tab and meet us there.
When we got there, both my friends found boys to entertain them, and I was left bored out of my mind (I really don't like that bar, and being alone at a place I hate is hell). And a quick text to T, the one who convinced us all to go to the place I didn't like, the one who was closing her tab and meeting us there, was met with a reply of "eeek, the music is picking up." So here I was, at a place I didn't enjoy, having a terrible time by myself, and she herself chooses not to go there. So when I gave up and decided to go home instead (because if I'm miserable, I choose to end the night, instead of making others miserable, and my two friends were hitting it off with the boys we met, so no point in ruining it for them, and making it about me), I was met with tons of angry text messages from T of how I was the wrong one, as I chose to go home, instead of going back to our original venue, that was now charging a cover. (Have I mentioned that it's not the first time T pulls something like this? And that I saw it coming?)
When I sent an email the next morning apologizing to one of my friends for having left like that (due to her surprise when I announced I was leaving, I wanted to make sure she knew it had nothing to do with her), I got an even angrier reply of "don't put me in the middle of this" -- which was received in quite a shock. Oh, she met up with T back that night? WTF did T tell her that now I was getting this backslash??
And now T, is emailing one of my best friends to tell her side of the story. Now let's keep in mind, this friend was not there that night. And though she is a common friend, T met her through me, and there's no doubt she's one of my closest friends. SO WTF???? If I didn't put my friend in the middle, why should she?? Oh, and T has not once contacted me since those texts that night, so now you want to talk about it with one of my friends?
Anyway, I'm so overwhelmed with drama, is ridiculous. And this, involving a friend of mine that wasn't even there???
So the stress is killing me. I've been moody, and that has been affecting other people that have nothing to do with that.
And the fact that the only common thing in all this drama is me? Yeah, that point is not going unnoticed either by me. It's no wonder I basically didn't leave my apartment all weekend (all three days of my long weekend).
I just can't deal with this shit anymore. I need new friends, drama-free friends that are actually enjoyable to hang out with.
Because friends? They're not supposed to make your life hell, at least not last time I checked.
2/20/08
Aren't we all too old for drama?
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Drama sucks. I can't stand it when people cause unnecessary drama. Drama should be saved for movies and TV, not real life.
At least, that's how I try to live my life. Like you, I'd much rather be alone than deal with drama.
Tell me about it! Which is why at least until the stress dies down, I'll be on the down-low trying to avoid any future drama.
Being on the down-low is good to avoid stress. Adding friends stress to work/every day stress is just not necessary.
And hopefully your friends don't wind up choosing sides in this whole mess. It would only serve to make things worse.
Post a Comment