Because for whatever reason I feel sick today, this is an easy post -- showing off my homeland :)
So Roosh chickened out and left Brazil before getting to the good stuff, but here is a great site for you guys who one day might want to visit this great country of mine...
http://www.brasil.travel/
Click on the "click here" button and check out the beaches of northeast Brazil. The pictures don't do justice, but it's a good idea of how gorgeous the beaches are.
Fernando de Noronha, an island off the coast of Brazil, is a natural reserve area that I'm dying to go back to -- I visited when I was 5 and I still have clear memories of the baby octopus that followed us on the beach, the horse we had to rent to get around town (no cars allowed), swimming with the dolphins, seeing sharks on excursions out in the ocean (and my mom's saga when she swam too far out and came back to shore to be greeted by 5 sharks -- who thankfully ignored her, but scared the crap out of her nonetheless), the tiny frogs that were jumping all over the walls in the bathroom (how fun is that when you're 5 and you try to catch them?) and the small fish who would nibble on us if we went in the water and stayed still for a while.
Now who needs a vacation?
2/13/08
Brazil
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Brazil is a magical place. I will return.
You totally should -- I love Rio, but there's a lot more to Brazil than Rio.
Post a Comment