One of the greatest perks of my job, aside from the 5-week vacation (don't hate), is the fact that if I work an extra hour for 8 days during a 2-week period, I can then get a day off every other week. My day off was Friday, and I have been getting every other Friday off since I started back in October (with the holidays, I only worked one Friday in November!).
My standing joke with my friends have always been "yep, 5 week vacation and every other Friday off -- they pay me not to work!"
So far I always had grand plans for my Fridays off, though mostly, I end up bumming around at home, doing not much of anything, just because I can. Oh, and I go out on Thursday night or stay up very late even if I'm home, again, just because I can.
But then yesterday we got an email from our division chief telling us how our days off are canceled, and we work regular hours now. Effective immediately. And I had this Friday off.
Now I have to work 5 days a week, week after week. No more light at the end of the tunnel. Because knowing that you're working your ass off but you know that in less than 2 weeks you're getting a 3-day weekend? That was a relief.
But now, I'm like all the rest of the poor saps, working a 5 day week. Ugh.
You have NO idea how much this sucks. It really sucks.
2/5/08
No, no, no, no!
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bergle says the same thing: That place where they pay you to take vacation. You forgot to mention how we get EVERY national holiday off...sometimes half days.
Post a Comment