Because nothing better for a rainy Friday like some randomness...
-Yep, the boy I met never called or emailed me, I don't think he'll call, and our common friend doesn't think he will either, as he's the slow type dating-wise. So much for thinking men in DC had balls. Too bad, because I had really liked him too.
-I'm sick, but not sure exactly with what. I feel like crap, but none of my symptoms fit anything specific. It's like I sorta have a cold, but not really. All I know is that I feel like crap. How great.
-My cat is sick. It started when I came back from NYC, he had peed all over the place, took him to the vet, and he went on antibiotics. A week later he was peeing blood. Back to the vet, $400 bill, more meds, special food (at $20 for a 5lb bag) and he started doing better. A week goes by, and again he started peeing all over the place, peeing pink this morning right on my sink. Today he's back at the vet. I'm getting fucking pissed off at their incompetence and the high bills. Just heard he has to go on medications for a month, and that "might" solve the problem.
-I read Water for Elephants a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it. If you haven't read it, check it out. It's such a great story that grabs your attention from the get-go. It starts with someone being murdered, then the story goes back leading to that day. Finding out who the murderer was, was a pleasant surprise.
-This week I finished Memory Keeper's Daughter. It was ok. It's not a bad book, but didn't grab my attention for long, though the story was interesting enough, the writing was boring, and didn't make me want to continue reading it.
-My new job is going through a downsizing (firing about 400 people), and it scares the bejesus out of me. After so long trying to find something that wasn't hell and would sponsor me for a visa, I can't imagine losing this job. For me it would mean going back to Brazil, having to sell my apartment, at a huge loss, and leave with other unpaid debt. I hate the uncertainty. This was the 11th year applying for the freaking green card lottery, am I ever going to win?
-My new bedroom set kicks ass! I've been too sick the rest of the week to finish putting things back in place, but let's hope I can do it at some point this weekend.
-I haven't been running in 3 weeks. I hate this, but with everything that's been going on, I haven't had the energy to get up at 5am to go running. And after work I play volleyball. Too much volleyball.
-Somehow I signed up for 5 volleyball leagues. Yes, FIVE. I have no idea how the hell I did that, I just kept saying yes too everyone. Luckily, I was able to get out of one of the leagues last week, when I found out that one of our 4's teams had 5 players -- sorry, I don't want to make time to play to get there and not play full games. That still means that I'm playing on 4 other weekday leagues...
-I'm also starting a USAV league, with games on Saturdays. I think next weekend is our first tournament.
-I have made a great friend after starting my new job, but she will hopefully get a kick ass new job soon, and I will miss my lunch buddy.
-Tonight, if I'm not feeling like death, I'm going to karaoke, with some great people who I haven't seen in way too long.
-I got invited to two superbowl parties, and will attempt to make it to both... I have never watched football in my life. Well, the football I watch is for some reason called "soccer" here, even though there's a lot more foot & ball interaction than any American football. So I'll be attending these parties for the party.
-Said that, I used to live a whopping 2 minutes drive from the Giants Stadium, needless to say, the Giants better kick ass, even if I won't actually glance at the TV when the game is on.
Time to meet my usual lunch buddy for, well, lunch! Hope everyone has a spectacular weekend, the weather is supposed to be wonderful tomorrow! Let's hope I'm no longer sick, and can take those running shoes out for a spin -- my calf muscles are starting to look wimpy.
2/1/08
Random bits...
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
11:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Some guys in DC do have balls. We're really not all as spineless as you might think, I promise.
As for the whole soccer/football thing, you can do what I do. Call soccer football, and call American football pointyball. It confuses the hell out of people, which makes it so great!
And being a DC United season ticket holder, I watch far more football than pointyball.
Mike, I don't know where these guys in DC with balls are, because after almost 4 years here, it still surprises the hell out of me when a guy approaches me.
I have yet to catch a DC United game -- hopefully I'll get to do that in the summer. But yeah, pointyball? Not my thing!
Post a Comment