So Valentine's day is one of those days that girls dream about, wondering what their current squeeze is going to give or do for them for this very special day.
Those of us who are single are expected to be bummed about the fact that we don't have anyone to tell us they love us today.
In the past, I really did feel down because once again I was single for Valentine's day. Not this year. This year I really couldn't give a fuck. Not sure why, but really, it doesn't bother me that I'm single today, not one bit. It's fine that I have no date for tonight. I feel like I should be feeling sorry for myself, but I'm not. It's just another day, who gives a hoot, really?
And I'm actually looking forward to meeting up some of my friends tonight at one of the many bars in Clarendon for a night of chitchatting, dancing and not being bothered about silly days like today.
If you have someone, enjoy today and show your love for each other, but hopefully you don't wait for the calendar to dictate when to show your love -- it should be something you show each other every day.
If you're single, then do like I do and go out with your friends, or do something else that excites you. But don't feel bummed down.
Oh, today is Valentine's Day?
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
2/14/08
The VDay
Posted by
Beach Bum
at
9:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment